For urgent assistance call 911
The 911 emergency number often becomes a person’s lifeline and should be used to report:
- a crime that is in progress or about to occur,
- any situation where serious injury has or is about to occur,
- any suspicious activity in progress,
- any situation where an ambulance or firefighting apparatus is required.
To report a non-emergency crime
To report a non-emergency crime that has occurred in Saanich, call 250-475-4321 or report in person at 760 Vernon Ave. We are always open. Someone should use the non-emergency number when:
- reporting a crime where there is no suspect,
- reporting a crime where there is a suspect, but the suspect is no longer on scene,
- reporting a serious crime with a suspect, but with a lengthy time delay (e.g. assault that occurred several hours ago or occurred last night at a party or bar),
- non-emergency crimes in-progress (e.g. noisy house party, barking dogs).