Our officers are just as excited as you are for Halloween tonight, but they are also wanting to remind everyone about some tips to keep trick-or-treaters safe!
Tips for children:
- Trick-or-treat with family or friends, preferably with an adult.
- Wear a reflective item or carry a flashlight so that you can be seen.
- Avoid the temptation; wait until you get home to eat your treats and have an adult inspect them.
- Cross at crosswalks and walk on sidewalks if available.
- Never go inside someone’s home for treats.
Tips for parents:
- Plan a route ahead of time and review safety rules with your children before they head out.
- Visit neighbourhoods that have good lighting and that you are familiar with.
- Keep an eye on your children at all times.
Tips for motorists:
- Please drive with care and watch for trick-or-treaters on the roads and at intersections.
- Slow down in residential neighbourhoods.
- Avoid distractions and focus on driving.
- Ensure your headlights are both working so that you can see and be seen.
Be safe and Happy Halloween!