If you have accidentally misplaced or left behind an item within the Municipality of Saanich, you can call our non-emergency line to file a report. Please note that Lost Property files are not actively investigated, however, reporting your lost items helps ensure it is returned to you if it is recovered in the future and turned over to the Saanich Police Department. Please contact our non-emergency line at 250-475-4321 to make a report.
If you have lost one of the following important documents, please click on the link to read the guidelines:
- Province of BC – Lost ID/Replacement ProceduresCanadian ID – Lost/Stolen Passport, Citizenship Certificate
- (Examples of Provincial ID are a BC Driver’s Licence, BC Services Card)
- Canadian ID – Lost/Stolen Passport, Citizenship Certificate
Have you lost a set of keys, a wallet, or a bicycle in Saanich? If so, you can call our Exhibit/Property Control Office directly at 250-475-4331.
Our office holds onto found property for 90 days in the event that an owner can be located.
All unclaimed found bikes are donated to Compassionate Resource Warehouse.
REPORTING LOST, FOUND, OR STOLEN PROPERTY
Please do your best to provide the following information if it applies to your item:
- Complete description;
- a. The serial number (this is an extremely important identifier for police);
- b. The make and model;
- The time frame during which it was either lost, stolen, or recovered; and
- Where it was lost, stolen or recovered from.
PROPERTY THAT IS PART OF A POLICE INVESTIGATION
The investigating officer must approve the release of any items which were part of a police investigation. For this reason, you should contact the investigator before attending the Saanich Police Department.
PICKING UP YOUR PROPERTY
Property pick-up is by appointment only.
Appointments can be made from Monday to Friday 8:30-3:30 p.m. by contacting the Exhibit/Property Control Coorindator at 250-475-4331, or via email at [email protected] . A piece of photo ID and a police file number is required.
- Firearms will only be released at a pre-scheduled appointment made through the Exhibit/Property Control Office.
- For information about firearms licensing, registration, transfers and ATT’s; questions about regulatory requirements; and for forms, applications, publications, or any other assistance contact: THE CANADIAN FIREARMS PROGRAM
1-800-731-4000 (toll-free for Canada and the United States)
1-506-624-6626 (for all countries outside of Canada and the United States)
Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm nationwide
Email: [email protected]