Saanich Police Board

Keeping Saanich Safe

Conduct Complaints About Saanich Police Officers

The Board does not have the jurisdiction to deal with complaints regarding the actions of individual police officers (conduct complaints).  Please refer to the Saanich Police Department’s website (Professional Standards Section – add link) for more information regarding police officer conduct complaints.

Conduct complaints about the Chief Constable or Deputy Chief Constables

The Chair of the Board is the Discipline Authority and has responsibility for dealing with conduct complaints about the Chief Constable or Deputy Chief Constables. The Chair generally confers with the Board regarding these complaints.

Making a Complaint

The right to make a complaint about the Saanich Police Department is set out in the BC Police Act. You may make a conduct complaint regarding a police officer to the Professional Standards Section [add link] of the Saanich Police Department, or to the Office of the Police Complaint Commissioner.

If you have questions regarding the process of making a complaint you may contact:

Office of the Police Complaint Commissioner

5th Floor, 947 Fort Street

PO Box 9895, Stn Prov Govt

Victoria, BC  V8W 9T8

Saanich Police Department

Professional Standards Section

760 Vernon Avenue

Saanich, BC  V8X 2W6

Scroll to Top
Skip to content